When dating, how many of you care if a person is of same racial/religious background
Do you consider race, religion, political association when going out? On some of the dating sites i noticed some people explicitly said who they want to date (race).
1
|
I don’t really care about race but religion and political beliefs are definitely a factor
naturefarmer · 36-40, M
[@398685,Marcipan] why religion and political beliefs?
[@1005828,naturefarmer] because the person I could live with is above those two
naturefarmer · 36-40, M
[@398685,Marcipan] True.
Artasia · 18-21, F
I consider both political association and religion but it's never a deciding factor. I couldnt be with someone having opposite political views especially if they were very passionate about the disagreement. I'm not religious and don't mind if my partner is but they won't force me into their religion, I won't tolerate it. Do your thing, praise your god, leave me out of it and kiss me when you leave for church. I'd even pray with them at dinner if they'd like. Not much more. Race is a stupid thing to care about in this day and age but I do think about it. For example, the cultural differences in our families. Otherwise it doesn't matter at all.
calculatedrisks · 26-30, M
I'm open to whoever Is honest
Chevy454 · 41-45, M
Race. It depends. Religion. I think all religions pretty much suck. As long as they don’t drag me into it, that’s fine. Politics. As long as we’re not polar opposites, that’s fine.
FeetAreFantastic · 36-40, MVIP
I don't care and I'm open to any, as long as they are open minded and respectful of differences.
MushroomFaerie · 31-35, F
It depends. I'm mostly attracted to people closer to my own ethnicity but there are exceptions. Religious beliefs don't have to be the same as long as there is mutual respect for each others views
Don't care about race
wildbill83 · 36-40, M
People like to pretend that it doesn't matter, but it does; varying ethnicities/religions tend to have widely varying & conflicting personalities that don't bode well in relationships

And those who seek them out intentionally tend to be pretty shallow (they just emulate whoever they're with at the moment rather than be their own person)
naturefarmer · 36-40, M
[@597698,wildbill83] very well put.
Embracing the racial and relgious differences is very hard. It is much easire said than done.

Those who do it are much better people than i am.
Why the slash? My policies on dating race and religion are [i] completely[/i] different
Snowvixen · 26-30, F
Political association seems to be a big thing, I HATE politics so when someone asks me about it...It usually gets ugly and they stop talking to me. 😂 As long as someone ain't shoving their beliefs down my throat I don't really care given him and I get along well.
Snowvixen · 26-30, F
[@1005828,naturefarmer] I tried talking to a guy who was SUPER liberal and when he found out about my stance on shit it went down hill from there. Its big, bigger than it needs to be sadly.
naturefarmer · 36-40, M
[@549377,Snowvixen] well people need to f...learn to accept others. What an ass he was.
Snowvixen · 26-30, F
[@1005828,naturefarmer] seems to be a failing concept for more people, yeah he was. aside from the political shit we got along.

When dating, how many of you care if a person is o... | Dating & Relationships | Similar Worlds