I Hate Abuse

Would it be a continuation???

When I make my move from here, I expect that I will be blamed for the fact that I will have to cut contact with my family because they will be maintaining contact with my abuser.

I anticipate that my mother (who has terminal lung cancer) will blame me and forever hold the fact that I had to cut contact with her against me for however long she lives after this.

It's not a choice that I would have made for myself - but one that is required by many refuges in return for staying there... I have no say in it for myself.

I'm just wondering if this would represent a continuation of the victim blaming that she does so very well???
it's cruel to leave terminal cancer patient regardless of your personal situation

yes it should make blaming worse

now you can't stay and you feel bad about leaving like this I suggest you to talk to someone in family who can keep a secret
Becksta · 36-40
[@1019539,mysteryespresso] On the face of things, I would have agreed with you at one time... however, she had the opportunity to step in and break the cycle of abuse three years ago. Instead, she chose to enable the abuse to continue and now I am at the point where I know that my safety is at risk if I don't do something soon.

My health has taken a big hit over the past eighteen years and I don't think that I can manage four days without anything to eat now.

I have no one to talk to about this... I'm on my own with it.
[@421598,Becksta] okay then. SW family is with you.

I Hate Abuse