Situations

Have you ever been told "it was better if I didn't have you" by any of your parents?

Specifically, over something minimal?
Nihiless · 41-45, F
Oh God yes! More than once
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
Yes 😬
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
[@328496,bijouxbroussard] 🤗🤗 Thank you. I hope you are doing well, my friend.
[@871066,SwampFlower] Hanging in there, thank you. How about you ?
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
[@328496,bijouxbroussard] I can't imagine what you're going through but you and your family have been in my thoughts. I'm so sorry this is happening. 🤗🤗

I am doing well. Thank you ❤️
MirandaSmilez · 18-21, F
Only by my mom when she’d get really drunk ..
Novascel · M
By mother a lot yeah.
Oh Hell [b]NO.[/b]
Melpomene · 22-25, F
No, that'd make them bad parents had someone heard them say it
DropTopDig · 90-99, M
Yes by my mother when I came home @ 4am after a Dead concert. I was tripping my ass off & when I replied all I could respond with was "Yeah Ik, I should have been a blowjob". We didn't speak to each other for a week
fernie2 · 56-60, F
[@1185254,DropTopDig] A week isn't bad...I didn't talk to mine for 25 years
DropTopDig · 90-99, M
[@1181110,fernie2] This happened when I was 17. We had other fights ending in no talking for weeks at a time. She always broke 1st. We stopped that crap when she was diagnosed with cancer & given less than a year to live.
fernie2 · 56-60, F
[@1185254,DropTopDig] That is so sad...yet...you made peace...that is a gift
Yes many times.
Valdaine · M
My father used to tell me all the time that I was the biggest mistake he ever made. And i supposedly wasn't even his son.
DawsonsGrove · 51-55, F
no, my parents never told me anything like that. I would never say that to a child either. I think it's horrible
That’s brutal on any kid. Parents should be there to love and protect their children from that kind of behaviour/ harmful words.

Nobody’s perfect but there’s a line that should never be crossed and making a child feel like they are a mistake is something that just shouldn’t be done.

Just plain wrong
No, that’s one thing I never heard my parents say, thankfully.
Now, they [b]did[/b] threaten to put us up for adoption when we were teenagers. 😅
unknowncomic · 46-50, M
elafina · 31-35, F
My mother once told me "if I knew you would turn out like that, I'd have had an abortion".
fernie2 · 56-60, F
[@917679,elafina] Mine said that too....when I was too old for her to beat my response was " How I wish you had!"
elafina · 31-35, F
[@1181110,fernie2] I am still sensitive towards her because she have had a difficult life. But it constantly feels as if I wait for loving responses from the wrong place. And that is so confusing because she does behave lovingly towards me sometimes. Such a mess.
deadgerbil · 22-25, M
Nah. The parent has to take a good look at themselves if they're saying that over something minimal.
TurtlePink · 18-21, F
No 😔 that’s terrible
fernie2 · 56-60, F
"You were SUCH a MISTAKE!!!" All the time she told me that. I was born on Mother's day so I got the " what a f.....g mother's day gift! She was an angry child/woman...blamed me and everyone else for her miserable life. So sad her life was that I really forgive her...but, if she were still alive I'd take her to small claims court and demand the $$$ it cost for all that therapy :>
kodiac · 18-21, M
Onebof my foster dads used to tell me daily you're only here for the check, even your parents didn't want you.
Ambroseguy80 · 51-55, M
No.... but my wife says it sometimes to our kids. I think it’s appalling.
Harriet03 · 41-45, F
NO! But sometimes mother wondered if the hospital gave her the right baby.
Can't possibly think why! 🤔 😇
ninalanyon · 61-69, T
Goodness me no! That's an inexcusable thing to say.
MelindaMom · 36-40, F
Never, ever and never ever would they and never ever would I - over anything!
MelindaMom · 36-40, F
Since I joined SW and a couple of other parenting groups, I am saddened by the way some people were brought up.
Keepitsimple · 51-55, F
There are things you should never say to your child and that’s one of them. You can’t take that back and it messes a person up in life when they are having tough times in life. It’s pretty trashy to do that to a child.
Yeah, kinda, she was a drunk though 😒

Situations