Situations

You see a cell phone that doesn’t belong to you sitting on the sidewalk. It’s just a basic phone with just talk and text, nothing special, and it’s 3
Poll
1. Take down the phone # and the serial # . . .
2. Leave it . . .
3. Keep it and use it . . .
4. Try to sell it . . .
5. Upon noticing that it's the same kind of phone, from the same service provider . . .
6. Don't use it or try to sell it . . .
Show Results
You can only vote on one answer.
years old. You:

1. Take down the phone # and the serial #, call the service provider and find out who the phone belongs to, and return it to its rightful owner.

2. Leave it, and hope that the rightful owner comes back for it before some thief picks it up.

3. Keep it and use it until there aren’t any minutes left (it’s a prepaid phone) or until the rightful owner deactivates it, then throw it away and find another phone to steal.

4. Try to sell it, and when no one wants to buy it because it’s 3 years old and can be bought for $19.99 at Walgreen’s, throw it into the trash or into a storm sewer.

5. Upon noticing that it’s the same kind of phone, from the same service provider, as the phone you already have, take down the serial # and phone #, and call the service provider and have them transfer the minutes from that phone to yours, telling them this is your old phone. Hey, the service provider might just be dumb enough to do it!

6. Don’t use it or try to sell it, just turn it off so it can’t be tracked down, and keep it in a secret place or throw it into a storm sewer so it will never be found, just to be mean and nasty.

If you choose option 1, bravo! 😍 You’re my hero.

If you choose option 2, you may not be a hero, but at least you’re a decent human being. Good for you. :)

If you choose any of the other options, shame on you. 😡

I tried inserting a poll, but some of the options I've listed wouldn't fit. Hmm, on second, thought, I'll just mention the options by number with the first few words in my poll. Maybe people will answer more honestly that way, if they can remain anonymous.
5
|
How about turn it over to police and have them attempt to locate the owner?
TeresaRudolph71 · 46-50, F
[@751876,yobaerewuoyylnofi] Yes, that's a very good option too, especially if you can't see who the service provider is. I should have included that option as well. I did call the police, and they filed a report, including the phone number and the serial number on my phone. But they basically said they couldn't do anything to track down the phone for me, so I'm really on my own, unless someone were to turn it in.
[@1351,TeresaRudolph71] any phone numbers inside to text or call?
TeresaRudolph71 · 46-50, F
[@751876,yobaerewuoyylnofi] Yes, I had a few contacts saved on it, and quite a long list of phone numbers in the call history. If someone had looked there, they would have seen my landline number and my boyfriend's number too.

Situations

You see a cell phone that doesn’t belong to you si... | Situations | Replies | Similar Worlds