I hear it’s a bad idea to be roommates with your best friend? Is that true ?
Like . You see each other’s true color and then start whining about little shit .. then getting into each other’s faces .. then never speaking again.
I think it is true. It's why I was afraid of getting a place with my favorite cousin. I'd start being annoyed by her eventually lol
yep. it happen to my mom and her best friend which got into heated arguments
Dolimyte · 36-40, M
Depends on how good both of your interpersonal skills are, but that can totally happen.
Reject · 26-30, M
Maybe that has something to do with the expression. “Arguing like a married couple.” People who get too close often end up with finding the problems in each other.
ncgremlin · 56-60, M
It is a bad idea for best friends to be roommates
sarahandahalf · 46-50, T
My best friend was the only roommate to never screw me over. But one of the reasons he's my best friend is we have a mutual respect for each other, even when we disagree with each other we can talk it over without getting heated and agree to disagree when we need to.

All my other roommates turned out exactly as you described if not worse
Elessar · 26-30, M
Two of my friends became roommates for 1-2 years. After the experience they were more like siblings.

So I disagree, personally.
Does seem to happen a lot. It worked with me and my friend, but we had different work schedules and our own bathroom. I think that's the only way
tk9999 · 41-45, M
Yes that can happen. I’ve had that happen to me with an old friend in college.
TioCarlos · 26-30, M
Let's be roommates.