Life

Do conservatives in America have some alternate definition of socialism that only they know about?
3
|
Yes. Anything that isn't conservative. They don't even recognize [b]moderates[/b].
KaliKali · 31-35, F
They call Obama and Clinton socialists. xD
@KaliKali: Ignorance. Total and complete ignorance.
They seem to have an alternate defintion of just about everything
BlueMetalChick · 22-25, F
Apparently. Socialism isn't an actual thing to most Americans, it's just a word they shout and accuse people of when they stray too far from "bibles, guns, and incest."
puck61 · 56-60, M
Some people have obscured the word 'socialism' just like they've obscured the words, 'racism', 'tolerance', 'conservative', 'liberal' 'progressive', etc.. I was doing it with the word 'progressive' myself. I think my new word for 'progressive' will be "pseudo liberal"...
People in general are, to one extent or another, either collectivist, or individualist, Those who are predominantly collectivist tend to be labeled as 'socialists' and those who are predominantly individualist tend to be labeled as capitalists. It is the extent of our collectivism or individualism that determines whether we are left or right wing in our political leanings. Truth is society cannot function without some measure of collectivism. An eagle cannot fly with two right, or two left wings either.
puck61 · 56-60, M
You know as well as I do, that the state does the control and distribution...You're being pedantic and it's annoying. I'm not trying to be offensive, but I know this stuff.
KaliKali · 31-35, F
No, you are just calling something that is an exaggeration of the result of the failure of capitalism socialism for some strange reason.
puck61 · 56-60, M
Okay.

Life

Do conservatives in America have some alternate de... | Life | Similar Worlds