Life

Anyone know cars here/mechanics?
Sorry asking AGAIN. My car has an oil leak, I can see there are daily dark/black spots under hood. Today, there was a HUGE spot and when I checked the oil, it was OVER the fill /full line... o.O Anyone know what it meant? Then tonight, it is UNDER the fill line....saying I need a half quart.... Idk what to do. Some have said don't get it fixed if its a small leak, which it has been, however now there was a giant spot earlier. but for last few hours, practically no leak... any ideas????
0
|
Northwest · M
I don't know if you park it in your own garage, but keep in mind that the leak, is creating spots that cannot be cleaned, wherever you park your car.

Take it to a mechanic.
uncalled4 · 51-55, M
Get your car to a good mechanic. I'm guessing you don't have level ground to check oil on.
why not ask or go to mechnic who knows what they are doing
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
How's your coolant level?

How's it driving, making any unusual noises? or power loss (weak acceleration for example)
Coralmist · 36-40, F
[@502796,Sibo191] Coolant is fine...had my radiator fixed this year. No noises , no
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
[@562099,Coralmist] like others have said make sure it's level and cool and check again.
MrBrownstone · 41-45, M
Might need an oil pan seal
trackboy · 18-21, M
you have to check the oil with car on level surface or you will get the wrong oil level reading. 😺
justanothername · 46-50, M
Take it to a mechanic and get it fixed.
Notanymore · 31-35, M
Check the valve cover gasket first. Was it in a hill of any kind either time you've checked the oil?
Coralmist · 36-40, F
[@519030,Notanymore] 🌻🙂
Notanymore · 31-35, M
[@562099,Coralmist] just remember. Don't panic until option 3
Coralmist · 36-40, F
[@519030,Notanymore] Thanks 🌿🍁
Ryanoliver2011 · 26-30, MVIP
Get it fixed. If you drive with too little oil then that’s hard on the engine
Weird, the oil level goes over full then it can be low the next time you check it? How is the coolant/radiator level when this is happening? You could have leaking gaskets that are causing the two to mix, which could explain the sudden surge of excess oil one moment and low the next if they are mixing.
trackboy · 18-21, M
[@663504,hyg346] yes that would be a worry if you have a defective head gasket. you would have to sue the car maker for making a defective car. would be lawyer time. look in the anti freeze in radiator see if there is oil in it. and look to see if the oil is milky with water in it. 😺
Coralmist · 36-40, F
[@663504,hyg346] The coolant level was normal...🤷
Coralmist · 36-40, F
[@663504,hyg346] Ty for your ideas

Life

Anyone know cars here/mechanics? | Life | Similar Worlds