Work

what would you do?
I am an A/R manager for a company. I'm about to be moved into an office with the A/P manager. Not a problem.
She's been out sick for two days. I am her back up. Today and yesterday I did the Daily Bank Rec as she trained me to do. I had a question so I called her.

Turns out the problemi faced wasa result of her not doing something with the bank.

She had a total meltdown. Crying, tears, worries about losing her job, being reprimanded. She says she's a perfectionist.

I talked her down off the ledge but now I'm concerned going forward. Being in a new office with her? Input?
2
|
MarkPaul · 22-25, M
Be prepared to get blamed for things.
biandlargeny · 51-55, M
[@MarkPaul I was thinking of addressing my concerns with HR. Prior to merging offices. Just do it's on the record.
MarkPaul · 22-25, M
[@1659,biandlargeny] Risky. Remember, HR is not there to help you as their first priority. They are there to protect the company first and foremost.
updown2020 · 56-60, M
Well talk to the previous person that was there and try to keep a daily dairy what you do and what she told you to do. As this passed problem well you just got there so not your problem.
biandlargeny · 51-55, M
[@117301,updown2020] good idea. I was thinking of addressing my concerns with HR. Prior to merging offices. Just do it's on the record.
updown2020 · 56-60, M
[@1659,biandlargeny] Well be careful about going to HR you do not want to stir up things . If I read it right you already worked their this is a promotion so they already know your work history. So her not doing that banking thing she was asked to do was before your time so really it has nothing to do with you that’s between her and her boss stay clear from it.
biandlargeny · 51-55, M
Good point.
SomeMichGuy · 46-50, M
How did this work out?
biandlargeny · 51-55, M
[@733785,SomeMichGuy] UPDATE. The situation was resolved without incident. The Boss who've I've known for years didn't mention it except to give additional access to handle the situation if she's out in the future.
Did to growth she and I now share a bigger office. Her psychological issues are apparent, manic episodes, anxiety. Her daughter is bipolar. She's in financial trouble. I hear everything and am starting to log events of note
SomeMichGuy · 46-50, M
[@1659,biandlargeny] wow...thanks for the update but...what drama right there
biandlargeny · 51-55, M
I. Know but as long as I document to protect myself I should be ok
Timb63 · 56-60, M
Wow having someone that can not manage there own finances controlling any company banking makes no sense at all. Though its not your place . I think I would have to question the company’s decision . Everyones job depends on the issue
Timb63 · 56-60, M
No mater how much of her private life she puts out . Keep yours private. Stay professional . DO Not! Allow any physical contact beyond a hand shake. Being emotionally unstable she may look for a hug small but do not go there. It may come back to bite you later
biandlargeny · 51-55, M
[@495455,Timb63] I totally agree with you about that
Timb63 · 56-60, M
It sucks having to play cover your ass every day at work. I have ben there. I burnt out on office politics . Left a $100.000 yr job because of it, went as far into no contact as possible. Driving a truck, making $140.000 a year and no politics or personnel issues at all. Pryor I was a service mgr for one of the largest Chrysler dealers in chicago area. I do not regret the change at all. The stress is minimal .
Neuroticnelly · 36-40, F
How are things going?
biandlargeny · 51-55, M
[@383883,Rarenelly] better. Thank you. There are still issues but a new CFO is aware

Work

what would you do? | Work | Similar Worlds