I have four so far today

Nothing like waking up to find an 80 year old oak tree laying in your dog runs.

[image deleted]

We had a pretty significant storm come through last night and it uprooted one of our old oaks. It fell over the hairy man’s run, pulled up three concrete set posts, flattened the chain link and decimated his dog house. Thankfully, the hairy man is now a house dog due to the heat. The other pen is movable and three sides were crushed. Fortunately, the doghouse was untouched and hub’s dog was safe inside.

It was still an intimidating sight to see first thing in the morning and the ‘what if’s’ took hold immediately. I walked around the scene in an eerie silence in the pouring rain trying to take it all in.

So...my blessings...

Had the wind been blowing from the west, the tree would have fallen into our bedroom. We are all safe and there is no damage to the house.

Hubs came home from work the minute I called. When he walked in the door he came directly to me and hugged me while I cried from being overwhelmed. He knows what trips my depression and how overwhelmed I’ve been. He doesn’t offer words...he is just present in my moment.

I share my excitement with a couple friends here via PM this morning and they just listened while I had a moment. My dear, wonderful friends. You keep me encouraged and always accept me for the basket case that I am.

I let work know I would be late and told them why. When I got here (looking like a hot mess), they shared their relief for our safety and told their own stories of home catastrophes...now finding humor in the craziness in the chaos of life. They are good people. It’s a good place to work. I need to remember that.

And there you have it. My morning, my story, my blessings.

For those struggling today, man do I get it! Keeping your head above water sucks. Those blessings are hard to find. Sometimes you really don’t even want to look for them. When it gets to this point, think about sharing a small part of your struggle. You will find that the person who listens without judgment or prophetic advice, and offers a shoulder or quiet hug is the blessing you are looking for in that moment.
Coletracer · M
You are loved sweet girl and those fur babies are blessed you care so much. hugs🤗
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@1150334,Coletracer] 🤗
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@1150334,Coletracer] It broke my heart when we finally got to hub’s dog. He wouldn’t come out of the dog house. We had to take off the top so hubs could lift him out. My fierce, yet sweet hunting dog was terrified. 😢
AllAboutLaffs · 70-79, M
There was no injury ... that's the most important part. Life can be so fragile. I'm glad it was only property.
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@1250,AllAboutLaffs] Thanks. Me too.
LunarOrbit · 56-60, M
Think of all the nice firewood you have now 🤓

Glad every one is safe.
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@488176,LunarOrbit] We have friend who use wood heat. Hubs is calling them today. 🙂
Degbeme · 61-69, M
First off I am very happy you and everyone else is unharmed. Yes that includes the furry family. The rest can be fixed. Oh and those aren`t small blessings, those are huge blessings. 🤗💞
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@72117,Degbeme] 🤗
Harmonium1923 · 51-55, M
I am impressed with your ability to turn a traumatic event into a series of blessings. You handled that very well!
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@372263,Harmonium1923] Thank you friend. I ugly cried for a while though.
Quimliqer · 61-69, M
Thinking of you and all those in your area affected by this weather.🤗🤗

I Count My Blessings
Health Inspiration