Why was I never able to wear girly clothes? And why do I feel uncomfortable having female friends and get along better with men as friends?

I bought like two skirts, but haven't worn them once... I hardly have female friends, I just don't share the same interests as most girls..
mrlopez · 26-30, M
Because you are a potato, Harry.
You might be surprised. I use to think the same, but I have found there are some weirdos out there that [b]do[/b] have more in common with me than I ever expected. Don’t give up! 😅
Girly often means silly. And vulnerable. You probably don't feel like being either. Maybe as you get older and fatter, you will feel better in women's outfits.
MissGaga · 26-30, F
[@18983,EarthlingWise] I feel in a way I am ashamed/embarrassed by women's outfits. Not that I wear boyish clothes, but I've never worn a dress or a skirt. That's not normal. Also not getting along with girls, isn't normal either.
[@4367,MissGaga] Normal? Who says so? What is expected of a "girl"? You don't feel comfortable with those expectations. For a long time I didn't wear skirts and dresses, one of the reasons was I was working in a place where it didn't feel safe. I've also often felt more relaxed with men because of the cliquish aspect of "girls'culture."
MissGaga · 26-30, F
[@18983,EarthlingWise] by normal i only meant how the “majority” of girls think/like/act because i really don’t think I’ve ever had a really close female friend in real life. It is because i never related. They can’t all be silly and I am just the sane and wise one. I am simply not like the normal or let’s say the avg girl. The only reason i never wore skirts is because i felt embarrassed and weird. I bought skirts because i liked how they looked like unworn.. but when i put them on myself, i feel i look weird and they don’t fit 🤷‍♀️ Anyhow.. these were just thoughts that made me curious. I am not killing myself over it.
deadgerbil · 22-25, M
Potato friends
Kimchigirl · 31-35, F
No such thing as "girly" clothes.