This isn't very encouraging

Early in the pandemic, when vaccines for the coronavirus were still just a glimmer on the horizon, the term “herd immunity” came to signify the endgame: the point when enough Americans would be protected from the virus so we could be rid of the pathogen and reclaim our lives.

Now, more than half of adults in the United States have been inoculated with at least one dose of a vaccine. But daily vaccination rates are slipping, and there is widespread consensus among scientists and public health experts that the herd immunity threshold is not attainable — at least not in the foreseeable future, and perhaps not ever

Instead, they are coming to the conclusion that rather than making a long-promised exit, the virus will most likely become a manageable threat that will continue to circulate in the United States for years to come, still causing hospitalizations and deaths but in much smaller numbers.
deepRed · 46-50, F
That sounds like the perfect push to wash brains, I mean, give incentive for people to get their butts out there and get vaccinated!

Scare tactics, gotta ❤️ them.
EuphoricTurtle · 36-40, M
[@581377,deepRed] 🤦‍♂️
JoePourMan · 61-69, M
[@581377,deepRed] I think these types of articles will discourage vaccination
curiosi · 56-60, F
Wouldn't expect any less, the dictator's in charge want full control over the sheep and a PLANdemic that never ends is just the ticket.
JoePourMan · 61-69, M
[@423488,curiosi] Maybe just hedgehog their bet on how effective the vaccine is
JoePourMan · 61-69, M
[@17323,EuphoricTurtle] simply solution buy your own online subscription
EuphoricTurtle · 36-40, M
[@1097981,JoePourMan] sure buddy, as if you need a subscription to share a link.

Send me the link, I'll see if I can get a free trial to read it. I'm really curious to read said article.
EuphoricTurtle · 36-40, M
[@1097981,JoePourMan] still waiting for that link buddy 😉
Yes ... more nonsense from those who did not pass 2nd grade math.

Those "scientists" are once again using linear math to represent scenarios best handled by a part of math called "game theory".

Using game theory, we are seeing precisely what we would see at this point in the curve.

Game theory projects, as we rise over 50% vaccination of 16-39 yr olds (the main transmission) the transmission rate will drop sharply

We started so late on 16-39 yr olds that we are not even to 15% vaccinated there.

So .... vaccinating others is nice ... but until the young adult demographic gets to 50% vaccination ... transmission will still occur.
JoePourMan · 61-69, M
[@6757,questionWeaver] this makes sense