When you try to provide perspective to someone...

Poll
Win
Loss
Show Results
You can only vote on one answer.
but they keep deleting your comments and spinning it to make themselves look good when they in fact look terrible in a given situation, does it feel like a win, or a loss for you?

I take it as a loss because instead of being introspective and getting better, they just be defensive and slip even further away. I truly hope that people can at least reflect on the information in private since they're unable to do so in public. Perhaps it's just my lack of people skills, but I think it's also at least in part due to people's inability to look critically at themselves.

Sad face.
This message was deleted by the author of the main post.
JoePourMan · 61-69, M
I never see having different opinions with someone as a win or lose situation.
Advice given should be seen as gifted necktie at Christmas. Whether they wear it or not is no concern of mine
CULTure · 31-35, F
[@1097981,JoePourMan] You're one of the good ones :)
LvChris · 36-40, M
[@1097981,JoePourMan] Differing opinions is something entirely different than what I'm talking about. It's akin to one person saying, "I think murdering a certain group of people is fine. I get that you don't, it's just a different opinion." It's not okay to write it off so simply. One person needs help, but just like this situation, they'll ignore it and that makes me sad. I want them to get better.

Wanting someone else to get healthy, however, is apparently narcissistic of me--if you can figure [i]that[/i] shit out, let me know.