Do people who say "You gotta fight fire with fire" not understand how fire works?
0
|
IroxFoxish · 26-30, M
Well, technically, you can stop a fire by doing a controlled burn ahead of it. Like a forest fire. Too hot to put out, but if you use a smaller, cooler fire to burn a chunk of forest away ahead of it, it will have nowhere to spread.
texasdaddydom · 46-50, M
[@885648,O11O1OO1OO11O] but but but...
IroxFoxish · 26-30, M
[@4176,CrackedActor] Why do I keep reading them...
[@885648,O11O1OO1OO11O] 🤔

joe438 · 56-60, M
They might. When you are fighting a forest fire, you often locate a path of flammable material downwind of the fire and burn it in advance, in a controlled way to keep the main fire from spreading. Instead of running into a field of nice flammable grass, it will run into scorched ashes and have nothing to feed on. That stops it from proceeding.

I remember as a kid reading about an oil well fire. They put it out by firing off explosives in the area. The explosion consumed all of the immediate oxygen which put out the fire when it couldn't get any to keep burning.
[@882650,joe438] This dog, is dog, a dog, good dog, way dog, to dog, keep dog, an dog, idiot dog, busy dog, for dog, 20 dog, seconds dog! Now read without the word dog.
joe438 · 56-60, M
[@4176,CrackedActor] You can't fight dogs with dogs. That's a dogfight and it's illegal.
[@882650,joe438] I'm reading a book about the world's smallest house. It's hard to get into.
rjc36 · 51-55, M
In a forest fire if you use fire under control to burn a fire stop it is fighting fire with fire and it works a lot of the time.
[@810330,rjc36] I went to the doctors the other day and I said, 'have you got anything for wind : So he gave me a kite.
walabby · 61-69, M
I don't get it... :(

NO.... don't explain, that just makes it worse.

Do people who say "You gotta fight fire with ... | Community | Similar Worlds