If There Was Another Site Like SW - Which New Features Would You Like To See?
[c=#009E4F][b]I am thinking of creating a new site myself, similar to this one.[/b][/c] There are things which continue to annoy me about SW, therefore I am thinking of "simply" making another site myself.

Granted that I would be able to pay for a web hosting service big enough, I would like for users to have a lot of free range when it comes to customization, such as uploading pictures from their own computer to use as backgrounds for profiles or even their different posts, for users to be able to create emoticons (for private messages) from icons, as well having a variety of themes for the site, to choose from, and more.

I would like to allow users of the site to also write an [b]introduction message[/b]. If possible, I would like for the introduction message only to be visible FIRST TIME you write to a new user, however, you will have to click [b]continue[/b] in order to proceed to writing your message.
[b]NOTE that this should not be annoying, as we don't PM many different people every day, unless we're spamming.[/b] [i][c=#BF0080]I believe that this one extra step, before being able to contact users you haven't spoken with before, will help prevent spam.[/c][/i] Users should of course be able to enable or disable this feature on their own profile!

Furthermore (if possible) I would like for users to be able to create their own groups. Groups may have to be deleted if inactive for a long time, as a result.

[c=#003BB2][b]BUT! What features would YOU people like to see?[/b][/c]
7
|
DDonde · 26-30 Best Answer
Honestly I would just say to get rid of groups entirely. Or at least consolidate them into a handful.
Maybe shift to a tag-based system where you can give a story multiple tags and can search for stories based on those tags instead.

That's just my thoughts.
Fable · 26-30, F
[c=#666666][@373024,DDonde] Tags are a great idea! I wouldn't want to get rid of groups, since they were one of the coziest things back on EP, when people could create their own.

But what about this: Stories don't HAVE to be written within any group (we create our own titles for our posts), as we add a tag-based system instead? This way, groups will still exist, but not be a feature which people have to engage in.[/c]
FunReader55 · 46-50, M
[@871372,Fable] would a Group multi and one on one text CHAT and video Chat interest any of you? Asking for a friend. Literally.
tenente · 31-35, M
answer mug (?) 🤔 / more pizza
[@15494,tenente] AM like SW ? you gotta be joking
Maybe a whiteboard no sick weird groups i wouldn't bother if i was you unless you can get it to pay for itself then dont waste your money
FunReader55 · 46-50, M
[@4176,CrackedActor] it was built by a private unfunded startup. It beta tested successfully in the fall. Upon competition of release 1 the private ownership maintains 100% ownership with zero debt. In other words they don’t owe anyone anythng. And can do as they please with the app. Rumor or maybe legend has it they will end online bullying, fake accounts, multiple owner accounts while maintaining anonymous accounts. But... that’s just what I heard
Fable · 26-30, F
[c=#666666][@4176,CrackedActor] I am definitely starting the project. It will probably take a very long time though, and I'm not sure which complications may occur along the way.[/c]
[@871372,Fable] 👍️
FunReader55 · 46-50, M
What if I told you there is one? And it will be lanchng in about a week.
[@24791,FunReader55] Thats Twitter
FunReader55 · 46-50, M
[@4176,CrackedActor] interesting comment, it’s not twitter
Blondie03 · F
[@24791,FunReader55] You got me interested!
trivia-bot,
Esmeralda · 31-35, F
[c=#359E00]built in translator. This site is not friendly to non-english speaker[/c]
Esmeralda · 31-35, F
[@871372,Fable] [c=#359E00]oh.. it would be nice if it can[/c] 😯
FunReader55 · 46-50, M
[@871372,Fable] I sent you a PM. Send me one back if you’re interested !
FunReader55 · 46-50, M
[@871372,Fable] multi-lingual good idea. It gets tricky with non Latin based languages but it’s possibke. 😃
peanutbutter · 18-21, F
Yeah I would check it out
Gethsemane · 41-45, F
I'd be interested.
FunReader55 · 46-50, M
My guess depending on a million factors and another two million variables is ... 2 years.
Blondie03 · F
I'd be interested if it has those features you mentioned.

If There Was Another Site Like SW - Which New Feat... | Community | Similar Worlds