Spirituality & Religion

I truly truly believe that the events from 66 to 74 AD WERE the Great Tribuation,

and Nero was the main Antichrist, with Vespasian and Titus being the other 2 "beasts" mentioned in Revelation, both were generals involved in the wars in Israel, with Titus being the general that took Jerusalem and destroyed the Temple.

In Hebrew Caesar Neron = 666 with the Hebrew gematria. Caesar Nero in Hebrew = 616, without the in on the end, also in Latin Caesar Nero = 616, a minority of manuscripts of Revelation put the number of the Beast at 616.

I am not sure what I believe about the Millennial Reign of Christ, still working out my beliefs on that as I study more. Jesus was witnessed in the clouds, during the siege of Jerusalem, by thousands, on a white horse surrounded by armies on white horses. I do believe that the only parts of Revelation yet to be fulfilled are the Final Judgment, probably the final time we see a new heaven and new earth, the coming down of the New Jerusalem to earth, and after that, eternity. Basically Revelation 20-22 are the only parts that are future, with the 1,000 year reign of Christ part either being past or ongoing right now, with the 1,000 years not being literal, but a long period of time.

According to the Book of Enoch history is divided into 10 "weeks" with each week being around 700 to 750 years, that is since Adam, not necessarily the creation of the world and universe, which I believe to be much older, but since Adam. I do believe that Adam and Eve were directly created by God about 6,000 years ago, but who says that they were created immediately at the creation of the universe and earth? I have a feeling that some VERY interesting things happened between the creation of the universe and Adam, that we currently have no access to written records of. I pray and hope some more scrolls are dug up that give us more information. To my knowledge no Apocryphal writings have any information on this.

Possibly some other records of such events exist, but I haven't checked into all of that yet.
Zavodila · M
Yeah...
curiosi · 56-60, F
Have similar thoughts, enjoy reading your posts gives me more to think on.
SpiritualMan · 51-55, M
[@423488,curiosi] I either believe that if the 1,000 years are literal, they were either up until about 1,090 AD, because a little after that point it is reported that the Turks had the Christian armies besieged in Antioch, and fire from heaven came down and devoured the Turkish army. History of the period is very sporadic and it is possible there was greater peace and prosperity around the world than we might think. It seems the Medieval Era became more troubled after 1,090 AD. Otherwise the 1,000 years is yet to come, but might come sometime soon, but Christ may reign from heaven. According to Enoch's 10 weeks prophesy we are probably in the 9th week right now, which it says that righteousness will increase around the world until the end of the 9th week, at the end of which is the Final Judgment. There is nothing in Revelation that says Christ will be physically on the earth during the 1,000 years, He very well may be reigning from heaven. The Kingdom began in the first century.

Otherwise if the 1,000 years is figurative then the next prophetic event in our timeline will be the Gog/Magog war, and Gog is in Turkey, followed by the Final Judgment with Christ on the Throne, then eternity after that with the new heaven and new earth.
SpiritualMan · 51-55, M
[@423488,curiosi] Another thing that bothers me with the Tribulation taking place in our future is that it talks about wars being conducted with chariots and horses, an exact match for the ancient world, but unless taking metaphorically, not so well in our modern world.
Emosaur · M
[quote]but who says that they were created immediately at the creation of the universe and earth?[/quote]

That book you claim to have read.
SpiritualMan · 51-55, M
[@10662,Emosaur] Actually does it? How do we KNOW there isn't a gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. Genesis 1:2 says the earth was formless and void, but it has the same Hebrew words as used in other places in the Old Testament that say "chaotic and vain", associated with destruction due to judgment. The same Hebrew words are tohu and bohu, but translated into different words in English in different spots in the bible. So I don't think God created the world chaotic and vain, that makes no sense. Often the same themes recur in different places in the bible, so consistent interpretation is a pretty good rule of interpretation. Sometimes in one place very little info is given, just a few verses, then elsewhere much more detail is given. I think this is also true when the bible gives more of a summary but the Apocryphal books give much more expanded detail.

Spirituality & Religion