Spirituality & Religion

For all the arguments that we should prefer the King James Bible....
I am increasingly finding more solid evidence that the extra verses and parts of verses in the King James were NOT in the original manuscripts....to be HONEST, looking at a bible in modern English just MOTIVATES me to read more of it...and in the end the greatest benefit is a just having a bible you are willing and motivated to read and study.

With modern translations some are better than others. I stay away from paraphrase translations and use real translations.

Do I feel bad if I offend people by going against their traditions. NO!!! NOT AT ALL!!! I simply pray for them to awaken.
1
|
How do you know that what you think is true or false? 馃槙
SpiritualMan46-50, M
[@10013,Pirate] Early manuscripts give the support for my arguments.
SharonF
[@778667,SpiritualMan] Other manuscripts support a contrary view.
Allelse31-35, M
It's all mythology so it doesn't really matter.
SharonF
[@778667,SpiritualMan] [quote]If God started the universe with singularity,[/quote]
That's a very big "if" and no reason to believe that's what happened. The singularity always existed although the word "always" doesn't really mean much before the beginning of spacetime. Postulating a complex, intelligent being of unexplained origin in order to explain the existence of a simple quantum singularity is pointless and nonsensical. All we need do is replace the word "god" with "quantum singularity".
SpiritualMan46-50, M
[@379861,Sharon] How do can we assure that a singularity with differentiate into all the laws of physics to have an orderly universe? With God, it is easy to believe that the universe would end up the way it is, without God, there is no assurance of that.
SharonF
[@778667,SpiritualMan] [quote]How do can we assure that a singularity with differentiate into all the laws of physics to have an orderly universe?[/quote]
Could you translate that into English please?

[quote] With God, it is easy to believe that the universe would end up the way it is[/quote]
That's because "God" is a fiction invented to explain the otherwise unexplained. You can replace the word "god" with any other noun, it wouldn't make any difference. For example, [b]"With The Flying Spaghetti Monster, it is easy to believe that the universe would end up the way it is, without The Flying Spaghetti Monster there is no assurance of that."[/b]

Spirituality & Religion

For all the arguments that we should prefer the Ki... | Spirituality & Religion | Similar Worlds