Spirituality & Religion

Why do I keep watching YouTube videos with bible scholars?
Only to learn things that go against what many churches teach in certain areas? I keep learning things that if I brought them up in SOME churches, certainly not ALL, but SOME, where if talked about it, I would be given a very quick fellowship with the exit door.

I just learned something fascinating by Dr. Michael Heiser, a PhD in Hebrew and Semitic languages with the bible. He said there are various takes you can have on Genesis 1 with the Hebrew grammar that is used. He is a creationist, I am too, I do not believe in progressive evolution from bacteria to humans. However, I have long wondered if the earth really isn't billions of years old, but that Adam and Eve were CREATED DIRECTLY some 6,000 to 8,000 years ago. If you use the Greek Septuagint version of the Old Testament, the genealogies point to a little over 7,000 or 8,000 instead of 6,000 years ago. The Septuagint is a Greek translation of more ancient Hebrew texts than the Masoretic texts to make the KJV and many other modern bibles.

I HAD wondered about the gap theory, that there is a gap between Genesis 1:1 with the initial creation, followed by Lucifer's rebellion, a general war, then judgment, then restoration in Genesis 1:2 to kick off the 6 day creation cycle, however, what if there is no gap AT that point in the text, but instead the gap is between what happened BEFORE Genesis 1:1 AND Genesis 1:1. What if other verses of the bible mention the initial creation, or that it doesn't mention it at all, we can just assume that God did that part without it having to be written down for us. Bara I had previous thought had to mean creation out of nothing, and asah a fixing or restoration, which is often how it is used, however, there are passages in the bible that use bara where it CANNOT mean creation out of nothing. So then could it be, that a long time ago, in our very own galaxy? There was a general war? Could THIS explain the pyramids and face on mars. Some have said that the stones of fire that Lucifer walked on before he fell were the stars and planets. That is an interesting interpretation.

So then Genesis 1 is a story of God repairing the damage done by rebellion and judgment...and this kicks off the creation cycle.
0
|

Spirituality & Religion

Why do I keep watching YouTube videos with bible s... | Spirituality & Religion | Similar Worlds