I Want to Say Something

Had one of those dna ancestry check things done. Turns out I'm: 46% Irish 27% Great Britain 12% Western Europe 15% "Other"
Gh0s1 · 26-30, M
I can imagine some of the other could be Scandinavian/Norwegian if you're mostly British because of the Viking invasions etc.
LachrymoseLamer · 51-55, M
Yeah could be. I know there's Mauritius in the mix somewhere.
Gh0s1 · 26-30, M
wow i'd of never of known that place had ever existed unless you'd of mentioned it aha.
Are those accurate?
That's interesting. I'd like to do that.
LachrymoseLamer · 51-55, M
@lovelldo: You should! :)
Just got the email back from them. I'm not sure if there may even be a more detailed report coming in the mail or something.
🙂
wintziee · F
Where/how did you get this test done? I've always wanted to do it and maybe my parents can get it done for me
LachrymoseLamer · 51-55, M
I went to ancestry.com.au but if you're not in Australia just drop the .au off the end.
wintziee · F
Oh I've should've known, that was kinda obvious 😖 but thanks for clarifying! How long did it take for you to get results?
LachrymoseLamer · 51-55, M
@MsFuzzWuzzOreoCat: A bit over a week. :)
Adaydreambeliever · 51-55, F
not a bad combination.. is it what you were expecting? are you pleased?
LachrymoseLamer · 51-55, M
I didn't know what to expect actually. I thought Scotland would have been more prominent but I guess it's included in Great Britain. And one of my grandmothers used to talk about relatives in Portugal, Spain and France so that'll be the Western Europe.
It's really interesting.

Actually found out a couple of months ago that I'm somehow related to the actress Maureen O'Hara! Not connected to this dna thing, but very interesting as well. :)
Adaydreambeliever · 51-55, F
@LachrymoseLamer: You're right it is interesting to see where people come from :)
Martian?
LachrymoseLamer · 51-55, M
Wouldn't surprise me! Hehehe. :D

I Want to Say Something

Had one of those dna ancestry check things done. ... | I Want to Say Something | Similar Worlds