Who says Fauci is actually a savvy political hack?

At first glance, I'd call that headline making quote really unfortunate phrasing, but as I write this, in the age of Trump, I'm thinking I might be wrong.

Huge egos get votes and sell books, right?

Fyi, the Huffpost made it the headline as well.

To be clear, while I'm not a Fauci fan-girl, I'm grateful for his service to the country and the world.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/fauci-personal-attacks-against-me-are-attacks-on-science/
MarineBob · 56-60, M
Fauci is the reason we have a non medical person who leads our states health and senior services
[@2021,MarineBob] Medical schools don't teach business or PR.

Tbh, the need for professionals in their jobs is one of my biggest gripes about draining the swamp.

Everyone knocks professionals these days, but there's something to be said for leadership and putting the right man in the right job.

I've always thought Fauci was in over his head in politics, and dealing with Trump.
Attacks on him are attacks on science? 😂 What an ego!
[@604557,stratosranger] Well, that connects the dots better than I've seen yet, for sure in terms of why he might be a bad guy, but it also opens up a whole lot more questions, and I'm not sure how they relate to efforts to put the genie back in the bottle.

Should we have fired Von Braun for his work on the V2s?
Good question. As a species we seem to be a bit too enthusiastic about destroying ourselves. [@479686,MistyCee]
[@604557,stratosranger] That we do.
Fauci helped stop the AIDS epidemic.
The only reason Fauci is being treated like shit is because the Republicans need to deflect from Trump mishandling COVID and his negligence leading to the death of 500,000 Americans. The people who died mean nothing to the Republicans they just see it as a narrative problem, they just need to change the narrative. It's Fauci's fault is what they are trying to sell but that is 100% bullshit.
[@619287,Jwalker] I agree with you.

Basically, I'm just making fun of the contortions they go through to maintain the narrative of the day.

Although, to be fair, 500k people dead might not mean [i]nothing[/i]. It's more like the price they feel might be worth paying.
HoraceGreenley · 56-60, M
Lord Fauci

wants to be a Kardashian
Graylight · 46-50, F
Fauci is medical doctor and scientist. He's not a politician at all.
[@627992,Graylight] But they want to fool people into thinking Fauci is political just like they wanted to fool people COVID was a Liberal Hoax but Fauci stood in their way with science, with facts.
TexChik · F
He obviously should have called Hillary on how to get rid of emails