Has the Lincoln Project crossed another line?

I agree with the premise this video asserts that the Republican party leadership has crossed (yet another line), but I'm not sure what point there is in these kind of ads anymore.

To be clear, what they're saying has merit, but I'm not sure what value there is in the Lincoln Project saying it right now, at least.

Will this stuff really have any impact on voters?

Will it make Republican leaders change course?

I kind of doubt it.

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK2CvCW4Rzg]
windinhishair · 61-69, M
This ad won't change the minds of any voters, and it most certainly won't have an effect on Republicans, who continue down the dark path towards authoritarianism. But I don't see any problem reminding Democrats and non-Trump Republicans of what they are fighting against.
Kwek00 · 36-40, M
I don't think this meant for the republican leadership.

It targets republican voters that still vote for the party out of tradition or indentification with the party, even if they disagree with the current leadership.
Carla · 61-69, F
Yeah...I think they are still relevant. And useful. In 2022 the right will have made it as difficult as possible for people to vote.
There needs to be enthusiasm by those opposed to "these people" to get out and vote, and to prepare and facilitate voting for those that will find it difficult.
A movement, if you will...
Northwest · M
The point is about the point of any ad: to advertise something. In this case, that conservative does not equal Trump, and what he represents. It's for the rank and file, not the leadership.