Nikki Haley thinks she can survive being one of Trump's dogs?

Her words for Politico sure make it sound that way, but people aren't going to forget. You may get to keep the old-guard Rs in your corner by years too late criticizing Trump, but you'll lose the Trump base. With all the discussion of both Trumpsters and classic conservatives splintering off into their own parties, I look forward to your continued obsolescence.

"We shouldn't have done it, but Donald Manson's words were just so enthralling."

[quote]“We need to acknowledge he let us down,” Haley, who served in her ambassador role under Trump, said. “He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have listened to him. And we can’t let that ever happen again.”

“When I tell you I’m angry, it’s an understatement,” Haley said. “I am so disappointed in the fact that [despite] the loyalty and friendship he had with Mike Pence, that he would do that to him. Like, I’m disgusted by it.”

"And it wasn’t just his words," she added at the time. "His actions since Election Day will be judged harshly by history."[/quote]

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/538573-haley-breaks-with-trump-we-shouldnt-have-followed-him
Longpatrol · 26-30, M
We all know Nikki Haley is angling for the Presidency.
LvChris · 36-40, M
[@645510,Longpatrol] Sad but true. She has been since before she took the job offer under Trump.
whowasthatmaskedman · 61-69, M
[@645510,Longpatrol] And of course a person stupid enough to EVER follow and support Trump is who you want leading a country with the complexity of America.😷
Crazywaterspring · 56-60, M
She finally learned that whatever trump touches turns to crap? Trump is King Midas in reverse.
LvChris · 36-40, M
[@523909,Crazywaterspring] I don't think she "finally" learned, but rather that she's known for a long time. She's just been waiting for an opportunistic time to pounce on him.
Crazywaterspring · 56-60, M
[@335805,LvChris] He's safely out of office. The worst trump can do is talk smack about her on Twitter.
LvChris · 36-40, M
[@523909,Crazywaterspring] He's banned from Twitter. 🤔
Carla · 61-69, F
Yeah...too little, too late. I'm not impressed.
LvChris · 36-40, M
[@548295,Carla] Right? I'm sure she had people running numbers constantly to see when she should fake her indignation to try to score points. It just falls flat.
Carla · 61-69, F
[@335805,LvChris] everyone/anyone that rode out four years with no objection/aversion to that mans words and actions, who suddenly and selfishly now voice opposition? Yeah, no integrity, only false and advantageous, empty words.
whowasthatmaskedman · 61-69, M
This defence worked so well for Goering at Nuremberg. And these are the people left in the leadership. With opposition like this how good do the Democrats have to be or how stupid do the voters have to be ?😷
RodionRomanovitch · 56-60, M
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.