Today in fascism~!
[quote]The United States will repeal or deny visas to International Criminal Court staff seeking to investigate Americans in Afghanistan or elsewhere and may take similar action to protect Israelis or other allied forces from prosecution, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Friday.[/quote]

I will not be quiet while we turn into a dictatorship. This shit is unreal.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-admin-ban-entry-international-criminal-court-investigators-n983766
7
|
Grateful4you · 56-60, M
I totally agree with you ,sir!
VictorNewman · 41-45, M
There's nothing you can do.
Your people attempted a coup and failed.
Payback will be worse than hell.
Huber/Horowitz
You will see them in your nightmares.
Darkness to light.
The fun has already begun.
WE are the news now.
WWG1WGA
LvChris · 36-40, M
[@10959,VictorNewman] Why am I not at all surprised that you're a Qtard?
hyg346 · 36-40, M
and I can't believe I'm saying this...I agree with Trump 100% here. America should protect its citizens and soldiers from prosecution from outside foreign bodies, doesn't matter if it's the "International Criminal Court" or whomever. If an American commited a crime they should be tried in our justice system not some foreign court.
LvChris · 36-40, M
[@663504,hyg346] I do know what it's talking about, and I know what you were talking about, but words matter. What this is about goes back to when Bolton worked under Bush and now he's back under Trump. He and Pompeo, Trump likely has nothing to do with this stance, are trying to bully and punish the ICC.

123 nations recognize the need for it and have joined the statute. The only reason we're pushing against it is to protect our torturers from war crime prosecution while, out of the other side of our mouths, condemning war crimes by others.

They also added the language that we'll penalize and fight if they go after Israel specifically, or other non-specific allies. This an attempt to ensure that Israel can keep killing Palestinians without repercussion. I am not okay with any of this. If we don't want our people tried for war crimes, then stop allowing and encouraging them to commit them. Do not attack the body designed to protect those without power.
Northwest · 56-60, M
[@663504,hyg346] While I may agree that we should be prosecuting our own citizens, and abide by extradition treaties, why is Pompeo (and Bolton), bringing Israel into it?
coolhandpeza · 51-55, M
[@9416,Northwest] To give them immunity too.
coolhandpeza · 51-55, M
Good 'ol John Bolton , forever an absolute embarrassment to his country.
whowasthatmaskedman · 61-69, M
So America is quite serious about becoming a Pariah State then. Its a pity. I would have liked to take the grandkids to Disneyland.

Today in fascism~! | Politics | Similar Worlds