SimplyTracie · 22-25, F
I don’t know Leni but Hannity is horrible and he needs a whack on the head.
Amylynne · 26-30, F
i LOVE that you know who she was...
I thought you meant in a cage match or something.
HazelMotes · M
[@695370,Straylight] In a cage match, Riefenstahl would have kicked Hannity's ass. And at whatever relative ages they were at the time, too.
Crazywaterspring · 56-60, M
They both have a lot to answer for.
JustAJobToDo · 22-25, F
troll
[@692807,HeavenKnows] Thanks. I appreciate your comment, and reading your featured story was enlightening.
HazelMotes · M
At least Riefenstahl was talented.
Amylynne · 26-30, F
[@1026,ShoesOfWandering] yes, she was, i should like to learn more, many fine creatives went along, so they did not get killed.
I wonder what HER story was ( i know there is a book and a movie, as yet unseen by me)
HazelMotes · M
[@74847,Amylynne] Start with "The Wonderful Horrible Life of Leni Riefenstahl." It will tell you everything you need to know about her, along with how she made her films, which will make them more interesting when you see them.

"Triumph of the Will" is not as pro-Nazi as people think. Rudolf Hess and Hermann Göring are not portrayed positively at all. And considering how she had no control over the crowds, it's remarkable how she's able to get her message across.

"Olympia" may be the finest sports documentary ever made, with a very positive message of how athletic competition can unify people.

"Tiefland" has some incredible photographic sequences, but the fact that she used concentration camp prisoners as extras kind of ruins it. This film is the reason why Riefenstahl was unable to obtain financing for any of her fims after the war.

I've never seen any of her later self-produced films about the Nubians or fish.
Liberals are non judging? lmfao
HazelMotes · M
[@693870,TheExorcist] Who says liberals aren't judgmental? Everyone is judgmental.
windinhishair · 61-69, M
Hannity, hands down. Both were propagandists, but at least she made some uplifting films along with the others. Hannity has done nothing to redeem himself or promote positive actions.
Graylight · F
Oh, I imagine the universe is going to apologize by way of curing cancer for the Hannity debacle.
akindheart · 61-69, F
leni by far.