Parenting & Family
Mildly Adult · Notifications: No Notifications · Newest First
TheScissoring · 41-45, M
JaggedLittlePill · 41-45, F
No. Do not. She needs to know that her behavior caused this. Your daughter gave it back to her and she deserved it.
Ambroseguy80 · 51-55, M
Thank you. You mirrored my feelings on this. i wanted to get a woman's opinion so you helped me a lot
MissPennyLane · 26-30, F
Option 2.
NigelDoes · 51-55, M
Sounds like a marriage made in heaven.
Ynotjenn · F
I can't vote because I think both answers are correct. Keep the united front but also what the hell was your wife thinking calling your daughter that? That conversation doesn't need to happen in front of the daughter.
Wow.
😆
JaggedLittlePill · 41-45, F
Yes. I agree the conversation should not be in front of the daughter!
Keepitsimple · 51-55, F
Agree on that....if my husband wants to be cool with the kids and belittle me (and vice versa) in front of the kids he can take the spare room.
goliathtree · 51-55, M
You should add an age of respondent category.
Lol. Is there a reason for your wife calling your daughter that?

If there is, stand by your wife and address the reasons for your daughter being a ....

But. You should tell your wife not to use name calling in the future. Sort of sets a bad example. And when you disrespect them like that, it not only invites them to want to do same, but it also brings down their self esteem.

Maybe if y'all approached it sincerely and with a bit of understanding she'd give a different response.

I don't know much about parenting. Just giving my two cents. Best of luck.
Starlight016 · 31-35, F
Yes. Definitely.
doctorlove · M
I see no mention 'why' your wife used the term on your daughter. Was it because your daughter was being a selfish bitch?

I'm sorry - but the fact this has even occurred implies that you will have little - if any - effect on resolution of the matter.
doctorlove · M
Ohhh - so 'our' daughter, not 'my?'

Still kinda the same though - this will be their baby. I've never seen any value in using that language heat of the moment.
Ambroseguy80 · 51-55, M
@doctorlove: I know we all lose our cool at times, but it better be over something major in my book.
Isthiswrong90 · 26-30, F
Sounds like your wife needs to figure out better ways to deal with her anger. The wife is 100% in the wrong here based off of what you've shared. Is your wife her step mom? I noticed you kept saying my daughter vs our daughter.
Ambroseguy80 · 51-55, M
No. it's our daughter. No step situation here. Sorry for not being clearer.

Parenting & Family