I Watch Documentaries

The Mayflower Pilgrims: Behind the Myth (BBC TV Doc)

This drama-documentary was on BBC4 last night and for those in the UK interested in such things is thoroughly recommended (iPlayer). It was enlightening in its historical revelations and for those who find it difficult to understand some of the religious right in the USA, it explains some of the complex foundation of the mix of literalist Christianity with a belief in the individual over the community. The hardships they went through to achieve what they thought would be 'freedom' quickly escalated when non-religious 'capitalists' landed soon after and competed for the same business as them.

If it becomes available outside the UK, I would be interested in a US perspective on the programme.
Blodyn · 18-21, F
Thank you, Frank. I had no idea it was on. I shall watch on iPlayer. I have been reading about the Pilgrim Fathers in a magazine for young people I get every month from my church.
Frank52 · 61-69, M
[@1012,Blodyn] Hope you enjoy it. It's quite low key but strong on information and humanity.
Blodyn · 18-21, F
[@908775,Frank52] And that's what we desperately need.

I Watch Documentaries
Movies and TV