Movies & TV

Mark Hamil says his least favorite sequence to film in the original "Star Wars" trilogy was the scene where he cuts off the Wampa ice monster's arm.
Hamil says he felt that it was totally out of character for who Luke Skywalker is. The Wampa wasn't evil, just hungry. He'd have preferred if Luke had been scripted to escape without so severely injuring the creature.
2
|
MrFluffles26-30, M
馃崝
Anonymartyr51-55, M
Interesting...I just watched the entire DVD collection recently and thought to myself the very same thing about the same scene.
BlueMetalChick22-25, F
[@826133,Anonymartyr] I found his comment fascinating because I agree too.
Jm31xxx36-40, M
Maybe George Lucas will redo it and have Greedo survive getting shot by Hans and then move to the ice planet and open a sanctuary for poor Wampas that have been horribly maimed by desperate young Jedi.

The big monster that lived in Jabbas pit wasnt exactly evil either but has Hamil said anything about that?
BlueMetalChick22-25, F
[@572847,Jm31xxx] Now THAT I will say is true as fuck. I hated that stupid little cackling fucker.
cuda6846-50, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] All the hate for little Salacious B Crumb 馃槩
BlueMetalChick22-25, F
[@79934,cuda68] Well, he was technically a prisoner so I guess we can't be as harsh on him.
Allelse31-35, M
I didn't think of it as a malicious act, more of a "Ah shit!!" sort of thing. I mean his father would have cut the old Wampa up into little pieces.
BlueMetalChick22-25, F
[@415694,Allelse] I guess so. When you're gonna get eaten by an animal, you don't really take the time to think about what you're doing to it, only that you survive.
Allelse31-35, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] I like animals and I hate the thought of hurting one, but if a polar bear hung me upside down and as I was escaping he came roaring from out the back somewhere, I'd lash out.
BlueMetalChick22-25, F
[@415694,Allelse] I've had to do something similar. When I was a kid in Yemen, I was attacked by an Alsatian. It was a military dog trained to do stuff like that. It would have probably killed me, so I slammed a meat cleaver into its head. I felt horrible but I didn't have a choice.
KnightMovesM
Exactly
That scene ruined Star Wars for me

Movies & TV

Mark Hamil says his least favorite sequence to fil... | Movies & TV | Similar Worlds