I Get Irritated By People

I've been getting annoyed and upset with people a lot lately

Right now I'm upset with my mom. She's been visiting from out of town. She alternates between houses during her visits.

We all had an event to go to over the weekend. We took her with us. It was very busy the entire time. We were feeling exhausted by the end. My husband and I didn't get much sleep the night before we drove back because our daughter got sick. I stayed up most of the night with her and he couldn't sleep. When we finally got home I figured we'd just rest.

My mom had other plans. She wanted us to take her across town to my brother's house. I jokingly told her, "No, you are stuck here." Really, I thought it was kind of rude of her to ask us to do more driving after we just got home and I had told her we were all tired. Since I wouldn't take her right then she asked my husband and he took her.

She seems to be spending way more time at my brother's house than the rest of us. Anytime she needs something she asks me, though. I'm driving her back to where she lives, which is a 2 day drive! We intended to stay for a week before we drove back. Now I don't know if I want to do that. My kids would be disappointed if we didn't, but this has bothered me a lot.

It's appearing like she doesn't want to stay at our house. That's fine, but then if she prefers my brother he could have picked her up (he had stayed home so he hadn't driven all day like us). He can also do whatever else she usually has me do. I always thought my mom and I had a close relationship but it's not feeling that way right now.

She's always getting onto my nephew about being considerate of other people who help him because he has a tendency of having people do things for him without advanced notice. Then she goes and does basically the same thing!

I haven't talked to her about any of this. She's my mom and I love her. Plus she's not the best at handling this type of stuff. She gets worked up emotionally very easily. I don't want there to be an issue between us.
ZombiesAteMyArm · 36-40, M
[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_IYmE4Lobk]
xuxuguinhu9 · 31-35, T
you should be happy she gets along with ur brother so well too but yeah very inconsiderate to ask to drive her when u were so tired
[@1204467,xuxuguinhu9] They don't get along very well. She's often calling me crying when they get into it. They're doing ok right now, though. It doesn't bother me that she spends time with him too. It's the lopsidedness of it. Then she expects me to go out of my way to do all this stuff for her.
xuxuguinhu9 · 31-35, T
[@600561,midnightrose] dont do it til she learns 😒🤷🏼‍♂️

I Get Irritated By People