Friends & Acquaintances

Why did she lie?

UPDATE to post below: She showed me her new wallet today, and i saw her ID. Her birthday IS October 10th. I’m really upset and my feelings are hurt. What should I do? It hurts me that she wouldn’t at least say “Yes, I lied to you, but it’s because of a personal reason.” Or something like that. And yes, I know I was wrong for googling her originally, I shouldn’t have done that.

I’ve posted about this previously, but one time, I googled my friend out of boredom, and found that her birthday was different than what she’d been telling me. She told me her birthday was on August 3rd, 1998, but everything I’d found (court records, voter registration) showed her birthday to be on October 10, 1998. I confronted her about it and she said that that wasn’t true. Well, we aren’t speaking right now due to different reasons, and I got bored again and decided to do more digging. (Which I know probably isn’t a good thing.) I found her birth record that has her parents name’s on it. Sure enough, it says October 10,1998. Why would she lie to my face about it? It’s not like I haven’t been celebrating her birthday on August 3rd. If she didn’t want me to celebrate her birthday or something, I would’ve understood. But why lie about it? My feelings are really hurt and I don’t know if I should just let it go or confront her about lying.
nonsensiclesnail · 46-50, F
I don’t understand why you care about this.
sabrinarose · 22-25, F
Because my best friend lied to my face multiple times, and it hurts my feelings.[@441353,nonsensiclesnail]
nonsensiclesnail · 46-50, F
[@864089,sabrinarose] so now you know your best friend is a liar when it comes to silly inconsiquentisl things. Call it her second birthday and move on. There are worse things to be or do.
FlowersNButterflies · 61-69, F
My birthday is always a lie on-line. But I am an old woman within the category of 61-69. People don't need to know everything. It is self protective.
Lilnonames · F
I see why u dont talk your a neb nose and shes a lier
sabrinarose · 22-25, F
[@1749,Lilnonames] Way to hurt my feelings more. 😢
REMsleep · 41-45, F
Let it go. She lied about something silly for some reason. Your mental health will thank you later.
Life is too short. Be aware that she lies and move on
The first thing that comes to my mind is that maybe something traumatic happened involving that date.
deadgerbil · 22-25, M
Who knows why she lied. I'd find it bizarre if a friend did that to me, like what the reason was for lying about basic info.
hunkalove · 61-69, M
Maybe she'd rather be a Leo than a Libra? Libras are kinda wimpy.
MarkPaul · 22-25, M
Well, I personally find lying abhorrent and don't engage in it, but this is hardly something to get upset over. As a friend, give her the space to indulge in a harmless lie. It must be providing her some level of comfort.
ragingfire · 31-35, M
Birthday and full name is enough information to steal someone’s identity. She may have her own reasons. Don’t make it all about you and your feelings.
MissFugger · F
Oh my god. Just get over it. Its almost NOT a lie you are taking it too closely
Why are you investing her to begin with? I personally don't use my real birth date on social media just because I don't want that much personal information out there.
sabrinarose · 22-25, F
[@78387,Stereoguy] We’ve been best friends since eighth grade. We’re real-life best friends, as you say.
[@864089,sabrinarose] in that case I am surprised you are just finding out her real birthday.
sabrinarose · 22-25, F
As I said, she lied about it. I didn’t question it, until I got bored and googled her (I know I shouldn’t have) and saw that it was really Oct 10th.[@78387,Stereoguy]
ViciDraco · 36-40, M
Seems like a lot of drama over a trivial matter

Friends & Acquaintances